Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which Pharaoh: A new Era, is released!

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday, and I wish you the best! How are you today? How are things going? As for me, I am happy that Pharaoh: A New Era, was released without many bumps yesterday! I mean, it caused a stir amongst the fans, due to the changes on the combat system, and some other details here and there. One can dismiss details as superfluous, but I quite disagree with that premise, it's the little things that can make a difference, in more than a single ocasion! I understand the criticisms and I must say the combat system overhaul was a bit of a hard pill to swallow. That being said, my first impression was fairly positive! I am so happy to be playing the game again, adapted to modern machines, as the original Pharaoh, a true relic, was built with 1990's-early 2000's machines in mind. It was acceptable to play the game as I did in 2014-2015, true, but rushing forward to the 2020's, it has become a quite clunky experience, fun to see what a few decades can do to a digital media. I applaud the team that decided to rise to the task of reviving such beloved game. Apart from the changes (and even taking them in mind) it was a very faithful adaptation to the original. The music caused a bit of a divide between fans as well, some (and I must include myself amongst them) prefer the old one (as clunky as the recording sounds today) to the remastered one. Graphic wise, though, it is lovely, and apart from the combat system, I fail so far to see any other mechanic too altered by the new take. Most of the old bugs got ironed out, thank Goodness, though on the last mission of the Archaic period, Abdjedu, I found some of the old bugs. And yes, in spite of the fact I completed all missions of the old Pharaoh back in 2015-2016, I am doing the journey once again, I said it to myself I would do it since I saw they were remastering the game, back in November 2020. I'm already at the Old Kingdom, where the true challenge begins. Overall, so far, the game is scoring an 81 out of 100 on Steam, My own grade is 87-100. It is to be seen what else they will do, the Triskell-Dotemu team, concerning ironing out the bugs of this new Pharaoh game, maybe adding new content, I won't press it too much because they've been working a lot on this project for so long now, so they deserve all the praise and maybe some days of rest! What else is there to say, on the new Pharaoh? I think, for now, that's my first impression on a nutshell. I hope I have more compliments to write on this potential gem in the future, more than criticisms that may emerge as I advance further.


Here's a screenshot of the game, not taken by me though, as I'm not on Iunet yet. One of the details I was talking about was the UI, it did not please some fans. As for me... I don't know what to think about it just yet, I am way more used to the classic Pharaoh Look. In some points, it's about getting used to some changes, but on others, it's not immune to criticicsm. Now, like I said, the revamped Graphics are lovely! Pharaoh was already a lovely looking game, this is even more the case in A New Era!

And apart from Pharaoh, I know I haven't written much on the blog, I'm sorry for that. I hope the next few days I may write some more, having at least 3 more posts till the end of February, maybe more, maybe less. Some days I have nothing in my mind to write at all, others I am more inspired. I'd love to chat more about my current mood, but this post is getting big! I may return real soon to talk a bit further about the usual routine stuff, such as college and drawing. So, real soon you can expect to see me and my thoughts again! Happy end of the week! Wish you the best once again!

Comments

Popular Posts