Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which March Arrives! Trying to take on small steps

Good afternoon to you, my friend, dear reader of this post, and happy Monday, happy new Week! How are you today? How are things going? Again, I arrived to the month (on the blog) much later than I was desiring, but fact is, yet again, I was overwhelmed with stuff to do for college, and even with this, I only really opened the classes to study this Saturday, and... well, I was even more overwhelmed and had to rest for the rest of that day. Sometimes we have an obligation in mind but we don't even go to do it, we just think about it while we do other things (such as laying down in bed, or drawing, playing on the computer, anything more desirable). I haven't drawn much, though I'm more free from bigger projects, which shoulod help, and on the realm of reading, I am returning for my reading of the Lady Thatcher biography! I was a bit overwhelmed when I returned to the book, because I was at the mid-end of a very important chapter, that talks about the economic transformation during her government, specially its second term, and on the realm of privatisation, ever so important for a nation that desires to develop beyond a miserable state. Such an important chapter, that I nonetheless read in disconnected parts, making me feel, though I paid attention to it, like I haven't absorbed much. I am even tempted on returning and reading the chapter again, but the book is 850 pages and I just want to move forward with it the best way I can, as much as I also want to learn everything about one of my personal heroes. I guess somedays we just have to take small steps, in the sense of saying no to some activities that day, as much frustrating it may be. Like, I already accepted the fact I will likely not draw much, if anything, today, or will study much, if anything, either. In fact, I may not even read another page till tomorrow comes, as saddened as I am from saying No. Apart from those activities, I am progressing on Pharaoh, though I found a game breaking bug on the mission of Ptolomey's (Ptolomy's?) Alexandria, where I failed in a distant water board battle, that I sent a transport ship with an archer fort to it, and as a result, according to Sajuuk, due to a script error, I was spammed with requrest to send more troops to the said city, to the point it reached the number of 30 requests and counting! And requests that could not be fulfilled anyway. After a certain point, the years stopped passing and the month started to repeat on a loop. It is frustrating as my progress on the mission seems now in real jeopardy.

That was the issue when the spam were just a couple of messages, it grew into something much more troublesome later. And speaking of troublesome, for now I am back to Chrome on the rest of this post, and I wonder if it is a more stable experience than the Opera GX navigator, that I was nonetheless happy to try out. It remains to be seen if I'll be back to Chrome or keep my Opera experimentation, anyway... sometimes I abhor my keyboard, it is so hard to write in such a STIFF keyboard! It's awful beyond measure. It is not always that I am with patience to deal with it. I will still have some therapy, actually real soon, before I can rest a bit further, but I'm really happy I wrote this post! So, happy new week, friend! I hope to see you again real real soon, hopefully at some point this week Wish you the best once again! I'm sorry for cutting it short here but this keyboard is KILLING me. Hopefully by my next post it will be solved. If not... we'll see...

Comments