Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we have a bit of my history with Drawings

Hey everyone, good morning! How are you today? I am okay, had this idea for a post, to write about my story with drawings! The idea came to mind as I told my friend my history with it is quite big! Let is jump into it, then, to decide if that’s the case!


First drawing I could find on my phone files, that I still have, is this picture, dating from June 2017. The portrait of Kyle from the youtube channel I used to be into: Door Monster. That I would lose interest and bitterly stop following actively around 2020.

The official date, I like to say is June 2014. Why do I like to do this? Why not just to tell the story? I guess, that is for catalogue and timeline purposes. Before 2014, I have lived about 14 years, and I did a good deal of drawing in childhood. I loved to do my own roman ruins, the before/after I’d see in books, how the edifices looked in their prime days, how did the ruins find themselves “today”. Those were my favorites. No portraits, though, or faces, I loved to doodle but I was a child with childish abilities. I say my interest in them (faces and portraits) began with a TV show I used to watch, the Total Drama series. I don’t know why I cringe so hard when I remember of those days… it is not necessarily the show per se, but my overwhelming enthusiasm for it, to the point I started a fanfic. When I did the characters, they were based off my middle school peers, but not exactly the same. I don’t even think I was drawing that much around that time, my childish drawing activities, I reckon, ceased more or less when I moved from elementary to middle school, around 2009-2010. I don’t recall if I did many drawings in 2011, or if I attached any value to them. Back to the fanfic: that was 2012, I started taking special interest in the activities my best friends were doing, and not only that, but I had things I’d like to portray as well, such as the characters of my fanfic, so it goes, I worked on drafts of my first characters. Many liked them, I remember my grandma being highly enthusiastic. On today’s eyes, they were heavily influenced by the geometric pseudo-minimalist style of the show, and their attires and haircuts would reflect that, too. That was 2012, a happy year, in which I also engaged further in reading, taking pictures, and playing Civilization 5.

2013 was tumultuous and I did not work on the fanfic nearly as much as I did before. Quite the opposite, the drawings would not cease, but very little of them survives from the time. By the end of that year, because of a huge argument with a former best friend, the first blog I had, the fanfic, was done for. And so it came 2014, a year that I have many very bas memories towards. Chaos and horror were unfold in my life. As my friends were all gone from school, I wanted to keep their memories alive, nonetheless, and engaged in activities they were interested in, that I was too, so to keep routine untouched. My taste was undeveloped during the time, I think even saying I started in June 2014 is… debatable. I returned to buildings, very timidly. I believe I never stopped doodling in my notepads from school, but in 2014 is when I started taking a better notice of them. Sad year, I experimented with drawings, and other things such as photography, and read a great deal, but most of the books were bad, and the drawings did not withstand. 

2015 comes, that year is a bit of a blur for me, that and 2016. I can’t even say for sure I drew as much, though the quality was better than in 2014. I got into coloring books, and by 2016 I was very happily coloring them, it was better than watching class that is for sure. I drew some buildings and some characters, still from that show, and with great difficulty, but better than before…

2017 was the year I started on university. I went for architecture school. I would still draw, from time to time, sometimes buildings, sometimes people, all very doodly and reminding of the style of the Total Drama show. I think the year I actually started doing what I do today, is definitely 2018, should I tell it now, should I save it for another post? This one is getting a bit big, is it not? I never was fond of big posts anyway…

Hope you enjoyed this small summary of my first drawing years! And I hope I can return later with 2018-today, if possible. When can you expect to see me again? Likely on the weekend, or on Friday? We’ll see… until then, see you again real soon, wish you the best!

Comments

Popular Posts