Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which we have the time of limbo on videogames and books

Good morning to you, my excellent friend, dear reader of this post, and I wish you a happy Saturday! I have been meaning to write on the blog on an earlier day than this one, but alas, I got sidetracked... And it is not that I was going to force it, I just have been on a rare writing mood the past few weeks. I ought to make good use of it, if I can! I have been writing more often through my phone, it is true, but today I'm at the writing machine, the laptop. How are you today? How is the weather? Here we have rain, glorious rain. The days have been shorter and fresher, thank Goodness for that. You know by this point I love winter. And as for me, I got ill yesterday, it was a major bother. I threw up, had much stomach issues, had a fever, and was very indisposed. Fortunately, I got the care I needed, and now I am much better, to the point I can wake up early and drink coffee once more. I also had cake, but the cake tasted bad, alas...

What can we chat about, today? The last time I was in the mood to write, I wanted to write about the golden era of the harp in France, which was during the realm of my beloved queen Marie Antoinette. I love to write about it, though I already did a post on it on the instagram of the blog, that made a comeback, as a place for me to write even further... Speaking of social media, I had to delete the social media gadget from the blog, because I realized the icons were not working... also, apparently Patreon is doing a rebrand, I don't know what to think about it... Should I end my patreon blog for drawings? It did sound like a good idea back in September of 2022 to have a place to chat about my drawings besides this blog. But now Patreon wants to rebrand and I really don't know what to think about it. I feel bad for deleting the social media gadget from the blog, but the links were not working, neither I knew the reason why they were not, so... yes.



How about games? What have I been playing? I believe I mentioned, before, that I am taking a break from Europa Universalis 4, and its endless sea of frustration. As with books, I am sort of in a videogame limbo. I have been playing some Victoria 3, here, which is a less frustrating game, than EU4, though its performance is awful late-game, as in the fact it lags too much. I have been playing Anno 1800, quite a fun time... Sometimes I play the dollhouse, just for the sake of it... I wonder if I should get into Stellaris? I don't think so... the creatures of that game are really ugly, and that turns me away from it... I want to try Espresso Tycoon out, as I got the game once again... I must admit, I was not that inspired to write today, but I wanted to write something, and it is always good to do a post where I just chat with my friends, here, instead of doing monologues about some topic. Those I really like on doing, but I like to take a break and tell peeps where I am at the moment.

I trust this is a good moment to wrap this post up, glad to have written it! Another success! Thank you ever so much for being here! When should I be back? Hopefully around the new week? Between the 10th and the 16th, maybe two posts, more or less? Could be a nice idea... until then, see you again real soon, and wish you a joyful life with many beautiful moments.

Comments