Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which we talk on Med Withdrawal, The Sims 4 vs. 3, and the evil of Modernism

Good morning, my friend, dear reader of this post! And I also wish you a happy Sunday. Before I tell you how I’m doing and how is the weather around here, I’d love to ask you: how are you? And how is the weather for you? Do let me know! It is great to hear from my readers! As for me, I am okay, but facing some medicine withdrawal, which is causing me much of a headache. I am having excessive sleepiness, my depressive mood has been on its way up, not ideal whatsoever, not in the slightest. And I am having trouble seeing at distance, which is likely my astigmatism, that actually never really went away. I, in fact, was going to see the eye doctor last year, November. It was on this occasion that I tripped and fell on the cold concrete floor, losing a tooth on the process. It was awful. Now, I’d like to once again try a doctor’s appointment, and hopefully it will be better. One can only pray. Likely one of the reasons I have not written on the blog that frequently the past week, this med withdrawal. What a bother. 

Apart from this, the weather has been okay, overall quite a mild winter. Sometimes it rains, sometimes the sun returns, the weather drops and goes up accordingly. I wonder what to do next today, given I’m not in full capacity. Maybe will play Sims 3. I have uninstalled Sims 4, but I’m thinking about reinstalling the dollhouse, just for the sake of building something. As much as I really appreciate The Sims 3, it is obviously superior to the 4th entry, the 4th does have the advantage of having better tools for building. I also miss some clothes I have on that game, specially the ones associated with Cottage Living, my favorite DLC for that game, if there ever was one. They did release a new one, also, about Horses. Why in heavens they had to split “farmville” DLC into two parts is beyond me. There are better ways of making money, ones that won’t end with your franchise’s credibility on the dust bin. This is like the modernist argument for facades stripped of ornamentation and details, that they consider “dysfunctional”, “frivolous”, “irrational”, and instead value those ghastly white walls that in no time become grey, filled with posters and the awful plague of the modern city: graffiti. They value those white monstrosities because “muh it saves money”. It does not, the modernist crap is as expensive than a traditional one, its maintenance is way higher than most traditional takes, and their value drops to negative numbers in just few months. Only a beautiful, classical-oriented building, can truly age with grace. Those others, they don’t become ruins, they become rubble. Such is with The Sims 4. Instead of creating a long lasting game with things a game ought to do, they instead do the bare minimum, for higher the price on both ends, and in just a few days everyone grew tired of the new content. To make things worse, they also bought the woke narrative, which spreads endless drama, invites all kinds of fringe degenerates to the game, alienating others gamers, and devalues the franchise to the point of nothingness. That is my parallel, though, unlike a modernist building, there is still some value on the sims 4, apart from all its many flaws and bad choices. Its redeeming qualities are the Build mode, and some of the graphics upheaval, and more choice of clothing (though most clothes are egregious anyway). Both modernism and the sims 4 will perish in the end, though, and the future of the life sim gaming world is to be looked up someplace else, or maybe returning to The Sims 3, that is not as pretty or as intuitive as TS4, but in every other aspect is a superior choice.



Speaking of architecture and the sims, I’d like to close down this post with the most recent picture my excellent photographer friend Johannes at @Aesthetical_Symphonies Link for it here. It is a wonderful building in Milan, and I just love the red of the building with the aquatic blue of the sky, most excellent! I definitely recommend checking his profile for this amazing picture and others as amazing! I wish I could photograph like this. And, with that shoutout, I am wrapping today’s post, I found it a nice way of ending my thoughts on a positive note. I wish you the best, my friend, reader of this post! And as for me, I hope I can recover from this med withdrawal. I really want to return to the blog sooner rather than later, with more words and ideas, we’ll see how it goes as the new week unfolds. See you again real soon! Cheers!!!


Comments

Popular Posts