Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we welcome July: Winter and Rain

Hey friend, reader of this post! It is me once again, writing from my phone, in a more comfortable position, and I am here to chat a bit, if you don’t mind, of course! First of all, I officially say Happy July, and I wish you the best. How is the weather? Here, winter established itself fully. Rain, dark clouds and cold breeze. I love it, it is perfect for sweaters, such as the one I’m wearing at the moment. With that, what are your plans for July? America will celebrate another Independence day soon, which is a joyful occasion, even if the situation in which the country finds itself is not. As for me, I hope I can at least spend some days away from Europa Universalis. Do I love that game? Ah… it has become (and I believe it always was) a loaded question, with much to be said besides a simple “I do”. I am tired from the frustrations I face with the game, and I am, for now, taking a break. What game will replace EU4 meanwhile? I am not sure, yet, either, it requires me to live each day for me to say “said game indeed has filled the gap”. I hope I can chat with my friend, this month, more often than other months. I appreciate him a lot, he is a great man with an impeccable aesthetic taste, intelligent. My favorite human. Maybe I will work on some drawings. A bit more remote is the possibility I will practice more. The thought of practicing give me fear for some reason, I blame school. School makes us averse to studying. A traumatic experience, the likes of which I still don’t understand how I passed through, and likely that I wouldn’t withstand today. I wonder what I’ll write here, what I’ll post, on other places. I wonder what I’ll play. Ah… I hate mentioning the Dollhouse, but I played it today. I also played Anno 1800, which is a much better game. I bought Espresso Tycoon once again, I ought to give it another try. I love management games and so on. The graphics of that game ar just awful, but I hope I can play it for the sake of just building my own coffee house. I need a good shave, I just haven’t done yet because we are out of the razor blades, I may arrange some more, at some point. I have a dear friend who shaved recently, he used to have a nice beard, but decided he wanted it out. He looks even better, now. And this other friend, says I write well, but I personally don’t see it as much, writing about my amenities on the blog. I am at a crossroads in my mind. I created the blog precisely to talk improv stuff on the amenity spectrum, and yet, when I have a good post where I understand I write properly, where I think what I said was important, that is where I find the greatest joy! But not only that, when I can mix those two together, how wonderful the result can be! Perhaps more of those will come in the month of July. Perhaps not. I can only hope, and keep going. I trust the past months have been a call for humility. Christians are not strange to humiliation, even, and sometimes that is how I feel. One can only hope moments will be brighter. One can only hope as he keeps walking that the flickering lights around flicker no more, but that they shine gently, not overwhelming us like the lanterns of a car.


Hope you as well may have a beautiful July. From today to the days of the fireworks. From those loud noises to calmer waters. I just wish you the best. And I hope I may have good moments, as well. We deserve good times. Some say that we need the bad tidings to know what the good ones look like. That may be so…. But while we can, let us enjoy the peace. What else is there to be said?

Comments

Popular Posts