Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we wrap up August 2023!

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post! How are you, today? How are things with you? I am okay, overall resting after playing Victoria 3. I did mention they were to release a bunch of new updates on the game, and indeed they have! Originally I was not going to try the beta of 1.5, was going instead to stick to 1.4 for the time being, but I changed my mind and already have the 1.5 beta. It is rough, because of course it is, it is a raw beta, but I appreciate the game, and I’m happy to try it out. I got another game for my Steam library, also, which is the game called Old World. I already have it on the Epic Games Launcher, but I don’t like that one much… I prefer to have it on Steam if I can help it… I drank some coffee, so that is amazing, I hope I can work on a drawing at some point, I am happy to be writing, as well, and speaking of writing… we reached the end of another month, and this one is special, as it is my birthday one! I know, many tears were shed. I miss my dearest of friends Johannes, a lot… I dream and hope we can chat more lengthily someday. He is much cherished by me. I am aware of the faults of August… but overall, we cannot say it wasn’t a net positive month. I could have studied more, but I also wont beat myself over this. I did read a lot, I read the book on the Romanovs, I believe I wrapped up this month. I read the book on Louis 15th, an amazing read. And now I am reading on the history of ancient Egypt, that triumphal civilization. September shall begin with me reading the book on Ancient Egypt, then… I suppose today is a day where I have the energy to write, but lack the subject. It is hard to find it sometimes, reason I always panic when I think if I ever am to work with writing. Should I say the plans for September today? Should I save them for tomorrow? Truth is, on both sides, there is little that comes to mind to write.



I haven’t been on Twitter much, these days. I believe the rebrand they are doing, the X thing, to be a mistake. The new logo looks bland and uninspired. I have been cautiously optimistic about the purchase of the company by Elon Musk. Some of the things he did were to be praised. That being said, he is risking to undo all the progress he’s made by this ridiculous rebrand. I don’t feel like using it anymore. This is like when Instagram did that awful awful rebrand some months ago. I thought I was done with the social media altogether. And I was not the only one to think that. So big was the backlash they had to take away their much hated changes, and now the app looks at least usable again… it was enough for me not to ditch that platform in the end. When it comes to Twitter, they are passing through a similar position, but I doubt Elon will listen to my complaints. I wonder if there are others complaining as well, and I wonder if it would make a difference. Could as well be the end of the micro blog, for this season. It is not like Threads will take their role, I myself really don’t want to be on another Meta social media. If I can avoid it, I will. Seen it, done that, I’m alright when it comes to social media. Not really looking for new ones, least of all new upstart ones that belong to that awful man, Mark Zuckerberg.
Hey, I ended up writing quite a bit, now that I mentioned my concerns with the Twitter rebrand. I think this is fine, and a good point to wrap it up for today! Thank you, dear friend, reader of this post, for being here, either once again or for the first time. I appreciate you! And, when can you expect to see me again round here? Ah, I hope to return real soon, around the first days of September, to kick start the new month! Until then, see you real soon! Make sure to take care of yourself, rest, and chat with friends if you can, make yourself available. Your friends love you and miss you, you are celebrated and cared for. Never forget that, and rejoice.

Comments

Popular Posts