Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which I have no plans of deleting any blog posts, and the memory of my Grandpa

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Tuesday and I wish you the best. How are you, today? I am okay, I'd say... Writing this impromptu post from the place I first started the publication as a whole, so to speak, my grandpa's office room! It is not the same machine, though. That burgundy red computer is long gone, now I have a turtle blue one! Based on the lighting of the room, it can be almost on a shade of purple, which is lovely... I made some very minor adjustments to the blog, today, so far I am relatively satisfied with my latest tweaks of some months ago. I always worry at those moments the blogger platform may shut down with no warning, but it seems it still will keep on going, thank Goodness. I am relatively satisfied with the experience I get, writing here. It is carefree and relaxed, as a hobby should be.

I have been thinking of a thing, I have over 670 posts on my blog... And around 2200 pictures on both my main instagram pages... Should I do some cleansing? Personally, I have no inclination of doing that. Even if I repeat myself on the themes, I still believe each picture is unique and overall aesthetically pleasing, and it tells a story of a time of my life, sometimes that story is almost faded, even. I do not want to do it, even if it's for organization purposes... And on the blog, same answer: No, I don't want to delete any post. I know I have been writing for over 5 years, now... I believe I've matured a bit, somehow, over the course of those years. I trust I can slightly write better, as well... I am not aware of changing too drastically, I am relatively stable when it comes to that... even if it would be for organization purposes, even for cataloging and so on... no, I don't want to do it, let the number rise... Maybe I will get close to 700 by 2024. At the end of the day, though, it is what I write that matters, how I write, and so on, not the quantity of posts, also why I sometimes think of starting again on the counting. I really wish I could mean every word, even a comma, I hope to be well thought out. This with pictures, with drawing, with the books I read. I want to be authentic, somehow, as far as that is possible. What else is there to be said?



Ins't this mug wonderful? It was brought when grandpa and grandma traveled abroad, to New York I trust. It is one of my favorite mugs that I've seen! I will talk a bit further on grandpa as we progress, on this post.

I found some books I've been looking for forever, now! The feeling is so great, much needed boost in times that seem so bleach. Things at home, at the moment, are degrading, on the relationship level. I hope the trend does not continue, but well, anyway. I love and miss dearest of friends Johannes, and I hope I can share the books I recovered with him at some point. Being here at my grandpa's office room... makes me miss him. I often think of grandpa. I believe I have a healthy nostalgia when it comes to him, no idealisation, just missing to hear his voice and smell his perfume. I miss him being alive. No tears come out, just a peaceful rememberance of the nice days he was around, warts and all, if any, as I cannot complain about him, he was a model of a human being. 

My grandma is in a bad mood, asking me to go to the swimming pool... Will I obey her? Well, I don't know how to react, she is erratic when it comes to her demands... But I believe this is a good point to wrap up the writing for today. No need to worry, however, I shall be back soon! I hope I can write something again till the weekend, but at max I will return next week to wrap up September! See you real real real REAL soon, then! Thank you ever so much for reading, for being here! I wish you the best.

Comments