Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I finish the Memoirs of Madame Vigee LeBrun!

Good morning, my dear friend, reader of this post, and happy Saturday! How are you, today? As for me, I am okay, I’d say. I had a bit of an annoyance this morning, it is small, but embarrassing, which was me biting my tongue. Apart from that, the day is alright. I created this entry yesterday, as I was going to say I finished the memoirs of Madame Vigee LeBrun, which is excellent! I am happy to have read it, as it is a wonderful piece. I trust the last time I mentioned it, she was about to leave Russia and return to France, and so she did. I must say, the documentary is not that faithful to the source material, which makes me raise my eyebrows over its credibility. It is superficially correct, but the details are all wrong. It bothers me because I enjoyed watching it. I am sad most of the parts I enjoyed on the second half of the documentary seem entirely made of! I cannot say if they actually are, because they could have researched another source, but the historian mentioning her musical side, saying that she heard of Chopin? Not a word about that in the memoirs, at all. It really angers me, and I believe this is the end of this documentary for me, and I feel bad for recommending to others, even, when I didn’t know any better. Another reason to feel happy to have read the source material. The end of it is a bit melancholic but Vigee is hopeful of the future and the talents of her family in the arts. I say melancholic because her daughter passed away younger than she should, and her husband died as well, alas. 
What will I be reading next? I started one book about Classical Music, that I am too early on the read to say if I find it valuable or not. I do hope my expectations are met and I do not waste my time. 




On another note, I understand better now why a proper chair on the workstation is so important. And I do because I was at my grandma’s the past few days, and with that I had to use the bad chair with no wheels of the bedroom. To move the chair around was a major bother, making so much noise. Not to say the chair is so uncomfortable, at moments caused my whole body to feel sore, very sore. I am happy to say, though, even with the discomfort, I worked on some drawings, there, that pleased me. Even if I was counting the days to return to my own house, it was not bad at my grandma’s, apart from my complaints of usual.
I am always surprised when I see the calendar. We are already approaching the month of November! I am happy for Christmas, but also, how fast things are going. I will as well write the wrap up for October very soon. It won’t be my next post, I hope I can write something before that, BUT, it is coming… As we end today’s post, I should mention I hope to be back around Tuesday, if anything, maybe earlier than that, perhaps later, but Tuesday is a good anchor to put the next check point so to speak. I wish you the best, dear reader, my friend, and I see you once again real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts