Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which I talk about daily shenanigans, and some memories, and some friends

Good morning, my dear friend! How are you, today? Happy Tuesday, and I wish you the best. As for me, I am okay, overall. I read some pages of the memoirs of Madame Vigee Lebrun some moments ago, it is a great recording. It is good to see where the documentary got it right and what they left out or distorted it. Apart from the book, I always desire to talk a bit with the dearest of friends that I like a lot, we did chat a bit yesterday, which made me happy. I started to redo a drawing, just to make it more appealing to me, but I don’t really feel terribly motivated to work on any, today, alas. I should go to house of grandma for some lunch, and maybe go to the hydro exercises, that I did not go yesterday, may go instead today. 



Well, I wrote that yesterday. I did not got out of the house, so no lunch for me, and no hydro exercises. Today, I went there, but I did not eat much before, making me very weak and sick halfway through. I don’t know how I finished the class without fainting. After the hydro, I went to grandma’s for some lunch, and after that I returned home. I played a bit of Pharaoh, and failed to wrap up Rostja, one of the most terrifying missions in the game, for it is in this one where you build the great pyramid of Khufu and the Sphinx for his brother Khafre. What else will I do, today? I saw some pictures of my friend wearing a lovely hat, and I hope to work on a portrait of him with the hat, and also his hair tied, something of the sort… I also have another drawing to finish, I mentioned this one some moments ago… tomorrow will be a holiday, and those always bring me some memories, I’d like to share the ones that come to my head, and I will do it afterwards.

Fun memories with Daniel! I was never fond of soccer, I was once at the house of a friend for some school work. We were waiting for the other friends that were doing the work with us, she had a ball, so was like “hey let’s play!”. Well… I kicked the ball, and was so excited about it the ball flew right into her head. I never dared to kick any ball ever since. Overall, though, as a child and tweenager, I was very alone, I did not have many friends, there was only a brief period of time in my life where I had semi-stable IRL friendships, the period from 2011 to 2013. So, going to the house of that friend to do some school work was a magical experience.

I think the first time I went to the house of a friend for school work, and it was the same friend, was in 2010, around May. The memories are great though on a whole I didn’t keep the friendships. It is not because I wanted to get rid of them, but because they faded when they changed schools, it was not that strong, clearly, if a change in schools is all it takes for it to finish. I tried to keep in touch, maybe tried too hard, and so I haven’t heard from Clara since 2015, I believe? And since she is very much on the left, as far as I’m concerned, I don’t know if the friendship between us could be maintained. Beatriz and Julia… I haven’t heard of them since, 2017 I trust. Talking about this makes me sad, because there are plenty of bad memories with them as well, and they mix up with the many good ones, making a mess out of my head. School friendships are rough and fragile to say the least. At least I did not feel so alone, though. Maybe I will make some other friends someday. But for today, I love my online friends, such as the dearest of friends, my dear Johannes, and his dear girlfriend that is always so kind and nice towards me, I consider her a great friend as well. Charlie is another dearest of friends, though Charlie is a pseudonym, I don’t know his real name, but neither do I desire to know. I will learn it when the time is right. I also have the Pastor, that is how I call him… and Drew is a great streamer friend… I just wish we could chat more often, that is all, specially with Johannes, but just having them around on discord and instagram, I trust is enough… of the IRL friends, I have dear Rayssa, that is in Argentina now, for her medicine degree, she is great and we have been through a lot together! So, it is not all bad, just that since I can only see them online… I don’t have many friends I can see on a weekly basis.

I trust this is a nice snippet into my relationships. I should wrap it up, because not only I am happy with everything I shared, but also because this post is getting too big! You know how I feel about those posts that are big. What else is there to be said, besides I wish you the best! And also, I should return real soon with more words. Likely at some point this week/weekend. Until then, see you real soon, bye!






Comments