Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I talk about Sims and Memoirs

Good early morning to you, my friend, dear reader of this post, happy Monday! How are you, today? You don't have to tell me, now, of course. In the moment I write this, it is not even 4AM! Alas, I could not sleep well, at all. The bed was in a bad mood and I just could not find myself tired enough to have a good rest... I believe I mentioned the other post I went to the house of my grandma to spend Sunday, and here is where I rose up for Monday. I thought it through and decided to play Sims 4 instead of 3. Is the third entry of the franchise superior to the fourth? I think so. But, that being said, sometimes Sims 4 do the trick. Sometimes you just want to assemble a nice living room and have your sim watch some TV while eating breakfast. Sims 3 is way more in depth, I love how in that game you have to make up your bed, the skills take more time to build, and... I like the graphics, to a certain extent. They have their charm. But, like I said, Sims 4 do the trick. I get frustrated, angry, furious beyond measure with the faults of the fourth entry of the franchise. I even uninstalled it at some point. But, at the end of the day, unfortunately, even, I spent a great deal of money on that game, so I better... enjoy it... from time to time. I better make use of what I got, I guess... And a random piece of advice while I'm here talking on The Sims 4, DO NOT BUY THE PACK ECO LIFESTYLE. It is trash in every level. Trust me on this one. I should do sometime my own post on what to get and what not to get on Sims 4, but well... I also wanted to mention the book I'm reading on this post, so we should jump to it.

I am currently reading the memoirs of Louise Elisabeth Vigee Lebrun, one of the most celebrated and successful artists of the 18th century, my favorite one of this rich era filled with great talents. I learnt of other names such as Angelica Kauffman and Rosalba Carriera, too, and of course, Chardin, Alexander Roslin, Maurice Quentin de La Tour, amongst others of great skill. But my favorite remains Elisabeth. My first impression is that I don't read memoirs as fast as I'd read other book, but I trust she writes very well, and her recallings are not only delightful, for she navigated through life in a good way, but an important one, too, for it is a regular townswoman remarks during the tragic events of the french revolution. She herself lost a great deal during this unfortunate happening. Not only friends, but she had to leave France and live as one of the many refugees of the revolution for 13 years or so, traveling across Europe. And she departed Paris with enough to reach Rome, therefore she had to work on her beloved portraits in order to pay the bills during her time in exile, imagine that! The book is covered in the documentary that I trust I mentioned before "The Fabulous Life of Vigee Lebrun", but the book is an even richer document, if that's possible. Even without the modern technology we have today in the 21st century, people could get along relatively well, though, of course, poverty and painful early death were always lurking in the shadows. Times were harsher than they are, now, but people could have a life, still. Strolling around the Paris's boulevards with musical performances and some dance, traveling around other rich hubs in Europe, though traveling was a much more costly process, and even so, in the 18th century, it was already a great advancement that people could cross France in 8 days. This time was stretched to 20 in the late 17th century. Vigee also spent a great deal of time in each place she visited, such as her season in Rome and Naples, where she gazed upon the marvels of Italy.

I like posts that I share as much stuff as I can, with relative depth but also in a way that is easy and enjoyable to read. I trust I achieved that in today's post! I talked on the game The Sims, that I have an ambiguous relationship with. I talked on the book I'm reading. Some posts are more to vent, some are more to update you on my daily life, this one is to just chat about topics of interest! I am happy I did. And I thank you ever so much for reading it, friend! I should wrap things up here, BUT, never worry, as I ought to be back soon, before the end of the week. See you real real real soon, until then, and I wish you the best!

Comments

Popular Posts