Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which we say Hello to October of 2023! The Month of the changing of seasons

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Sunday, and happy October! How are you today? How have you been? As for me, I am okay. I had a good conversation with a dear friend, mom hugged me and sounded calm for the first time in one or two weeks... No one can say this means things will go alright from now on and rainbows will follow my every move, but a good morning is a good morning, and I appreciate that. Tomorrow I shall receive some money, weekly money from my dad and grandma. Monthly money from mom, maybe? But that is not a given. It would help a lot, though. As always, money will help me pay stuff I ought to pay. And as I am, again, doing an effort to control expenses, maybe this time I will return to a more healthy balance! Tomorrow I will have therapy as well, I hope it goes okay. Odds are that it will. For Sunday, I should also mention, I came back to grandma's house for breakfast, lunch, and I think I'll spend the evening here, too, because we are a bit out of groceries at home, alas. It is nothing to worry about much, mom shall work on the groceries at some point, but I can't live without my morning coffee, so yes. I am happy to say, also, that the update on grandma's computer went alright. It has the most recent Win10, now. I was considering updating it to Win11, like I have on my laptop, but I asked first her technician, that adviced me against it, worried that she may had trouble adapting. So, no Win11 for grandma, for the time being. And, speaking of computer shenanigans...

I decided to go something more Christmassy for October, at least for my laptop wallpaper... I know, we are barely beginning fall-Spring, but, Christmas is where my happy place is, next to the Petit Trianon.

I was going to play some Sims, but decided to write something first. I think I am going to start a new save on Sims 3, with the character I created before. I wonder what I'll do, now, if I'll change anything, any clothing, and so on. Even if Sims 3 is not safe from issues with shallow gameplay, it has a way biger timespawn than Sims 4, that is for sure. It is so much challenging, in all ways, to make it on Sims 3, money wise, skills wise, relationship wise. The game feels better, too. And, though its aesthetic choices on furniture and wallpapers are more limited than Sims 4, it graphically does not look that bad, or I have no issue with how the peeps look in the game, overall. 

About college, I have pretty bad news on one of my disciplines, of all the 10 questions, I got just one correct, dang, and my grade is the grand total of 0,4. Geez... At least I got approved on the other one. I was considering dropping this course, but in the conversation I mentioned with my friend, I decided not to do it, at the moment. If financial concerns were not a thing, I could look for another course to do on the side... one that I'd actually appreciate. But well... financial concerns are a thing. It is what it is.

I am glad that October seems to be starting in a positive note. I trust this is a nice point to wrap up today's post... I should return real soon with some more words, most likely around next week, I hope before the first weekend of October. Until then, let us pray to our heavenly father that this week goes without many strike of woe. I wish you the best, my friend.

Comments