Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which We have a Happy Thanksgiving 2023, and how Madame Du Barry was not well portrayed in my favorite movie

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday, and I wish you the best. Of course, do let me know how are you! As for me, I am okay, if just a bit sore, I was sitting down on the chair of my desk for too long, trying to reform Russia in Victoria 3, and let me tell you, it is extremely frustrating and RNG based, so much as to make the whole thing a chore. I like the game, but still, it is frustrating how... hard everything is... or how slow, should I say. Apart from this soreness and the feeling of "what's the point", I am okay. Overall, it is fine. I am so happy for Christmas, we feel the season in the air, even with the ghastly summer time, and I am grateful I signed off of that admin course. I feel more light than before. The new course, on a new institution, should begin in February of next year. I look forward to it, of course, with caution. Speaking of gratefulness, in America today, is the official Thanksgiving day! How wonderful it is! It is one of my favorite holidays, that unfortunately I do not get to celebrate, living in Brazil. I can still count my blessings though, and be grateful overall. It was a harsh year, and yet I am okay, still. After so much suffering, it is not looking as bleak, another reason to feel grateful, and to give thanks to God. I hope your holiday may be a fruitful one, and I wish you the best, once again!


What else is there to be said? I guess, my favorite movie, Marie Antoinette, the more I research about the 18th century, the more I notice some inconsistencies in the script. It does tell a good story, but only loosely based on real events. I think the decision of taking politics off the movie was... I understand their point. I love Marie Antoinette as well, she is my inspiration for about everything, the bond that keeps me making sense. That being said, she was more than just a teenager living her life, she was bright and haughty, a true Habsburg, but also goodly natured and kind. It is true that the more we learn about this beautiful queen, the more we feel angry by how they treated her, but my point in mentioning the film is just that... it is innacurate, very much so, on the portrayal of other characters, such as Madame Du Barry, which is portrayed as a vulgar woman with black hair and black eyes. Nothing is further from the truth, Du Barry was a lady through and through, having learnt how to speak properly and how to behave at court as to outshine even Madame de Pompadour, her antecessor. Pompadour was elegant, but kept her middle class way of speaking and her manners, causing much dismay at court. Du Barry was as if she was born at court, being hard to guess she was born in a very humble household, not only that, but she was a blonde and had blue eyes. I think the portrayal of Du Barry is the most egregious part of the movie, that out of the way, the other inconsistencies pale in comparison. Still, the movie is a feast for the eyes, and very pleasant to watch, and it is not mean to Marie Antoinette, which is refreshing, specially coming from a time where the mainstream was suffocating and the narrative against her and the monarchy as a whole was still uncontested.

So, we talked about holidays, my favorite movie... I am through and through satisfied with how this post came out. So, I suppose this is a good point to wrap things up. Of course, don't worry, as I shall be back soon enough, probably around the weekend, with some more words and thoughts to share. Until then, once again, I wish you the best, and I wish you a happy rest of the week! Cheers, and like I also said, see you again real soon.

Comments