Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which we Wrap up November 2023: A musical Retrospective

Good morning, my excellent friend, dear reader of this post! I wish you the best! And Happy Thursday, the last one of November 2023. How are you, today? I am okay, I started the day playing Victoria 3, one can never know how the game will end up like. It wasn't that much of a good experience. I will be happy, when I return to the computer, if I can play something else... my finger hurts, I trust I mentioned I fell going upstairs, and so, got myself cut in the finger. I am glad and stand by my decision of not going to hydro exercises yesterday, it would've been not the best of experiences. All in all, an okay day, just some issues, can never really get rid of them...

November comes to an end, this being its last moments in it. Was it bad? Not really! In fact, I don't think it was a bad month, at all. It started not in the best ways, BUT I got through the issues that were causing me to suffer. I healed myself from the flu, I went away from the college course I was not satisfied with and was failing at, I still haven't told that to dad, this will be a task for December. It is true that I did not have the chance to speak to dear friend, as much as I would like... I take consolation on the fact I appreciate him greatly and he likes me as well, we are great friends. What else is there to be said on this?



Besides issues tackled, yesterday it came out the musical retrospective of 2023, the one that Spotify does! I was expecting it to be exactly as it went. Overall, the year of the musical. I trust I mentioned Cats before, my first resistance to it, the uncanny feel to it... I had what my friend Charles had in mind when judging it: it has good music but the underlying theme is borderline disturbing. And the whole figurine of the musical being also borderline unfir for kids. Those were my first impressions. I still don't feel comfortable recommending it to kids, but I am less rigid on my takes because I grew to love all of it. The cat costumes can be done in a proper way, though I respect the official Musical entry for the show, where they were a bit too sensual. If Cats was to be adapted to a cartoon, and I am surprised I haven't seen it happening yet, I trust it could have been ALMOST suitable for kids. I still don't like the idea of they competing to see which one can be "reborn" and go to the heavyside layer... It is, creepy... I know how kid's shows go these days, true, but still, very very odd. The songs are amazing, though, through and through, an excellent show. Cats takes the prize for best musical discovery of 2023! 

A quick honorable mention should be given to Jesus Christ Superstar, another one by the English Playwriter Andrew Lloyd Webber in partnership with Tim Rice. The very unorthodox take on the gospel was much listened to, and much enjoyed! I can't help but to like the songs. As for the underlying tone, I only have criticism on how the show is presented, if it would be on a more historical theme, it would have win me over entirely. In either case, the wonderful song Everything's Alright is the most listened of 2023, I have it on repeat for some 64 times or so!

Besides Cats, and Jesus Christ Superstar, we had a lot of Opera and classical music this year. A bit of Italian disco music with the singer Rafaella Carra, that I stumbled upon as if by accident. On the opera field, La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi takes the prize, seconded by Aida, not exactly a discovery, but a play I expanded upon this 2023. This one is also by Verdi, so he takes the prize for the composer I listened to the most in the year. 

To wrap things up, and look towards December and its Christmas music, any risk on tendencies for 2024? I don't like to do predictions, playing it safe is what I do... on the short term, I would like to listen to the classics of the holiday season. Looking forward, it was an important year on Classical Music, and 2024 is a year that I hope to discover more in the universe. But, am I missing some pop? Hard to say. Maybe Donna Summer. I think I listened to all the must-be-listened songs on this other spectrum... all in all, I don't want to make many predictions.

Well, with this musical retrospective, focusing on musicals, I think it is time to finish the last post of November, the one of number 701! What a nice way to start December. Alas, I trust optimism is something I am always suspicious about. When your glee is frustrated, the bitterness is doubled, reason I prefer to stay on a more calm state of affairs. So, I hope to see you again at some point in the next few days, for the post to open up the next month... so, no worries, I trust I will be back real soon. Thank you once again, my friend, for reading and being around! And I will see you again real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts