Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I Return to Good Old Civ 4...

Good morning, my friend, dear reader of this post! Happy Saturday! How are you, and how was the week? Also, do let me know how the weather is, where you are! As for me, I am okay, arrived at the house of my grandma this Friday night, so I can be here for her birthday in the 16th. She will be turning 80! That is awesome, crazy how times go by. Speaking about the week, the week was not that productive, alas, but I am managing overall, one ought to do it. I hope I can produce a drawing at some point. I found myself admiring the buildings of Riga, I may do something inspired in them! Or just do another one of my characters, some portrait maybe. I was worried that I would get into an art creative block, but fortunately I think I am not there... and hopefully I may avoid those moments. As for the videogame burn out, I am still looking for a way out. The good news is I have some days that are better than other days. It is not a constant mood. And speaking of games...

I paid a visit to old Civ 4 today! It has been some years I have not tried that civ game. Maybe that will inspire me to play some more Civ 5, which is the civ of my preference. Civ 6 has too many gbs for my computer. And, frankly, I don't like Civ 6 as much as I prefer Civ 5, and even 4, for that regard. I have many good memories with the third installment of the franchise, Civ 3, but unfortunately, that game does not really function that well on modern devices.


Took this picture in the morning of today! The garden was as beautiful as it usually is! It asked for attention, that I gave to it! I love it so much, the flowers, and I hope I can pay proper homage to them...

This morning I also played some Sims 3, as I decided to return to that game, after some moments of absence. I think, overall, it is a better product than Sims 4. As you know, I have an ambiguous relationship with the latter. 

What else to play, today? I was considering some EU4... maybe some Civ 5, or even more Sims 3.. perhaps one of the Annos is in order. I do not want to feed any burn out so I will pace myself better. And apart from games, I could also read and work on another drawing, again, I should pace myself carefully. 

I always have a vague notion of what I would like to write on the blog, only for later to be overwhelmed by the blank page. I want to do a bit of everything and none of it af the same time. By that, I mean, I like journaling, this has become a common theme, here, but I also would love to write about something like the book on Maria Theresa I'm reading. Well, but the thing is, if I take out the journal part of the blog, there would be a powerful substraction from it, and I do not desire to pass through this. Anyway, it will soon be lunchtime. I hope I am not outpacing myself, and fherefore would be bored for the rest of the day, boredom can be dangerous, even, it invites all sorts of bad thoughts and melancholy. But that being said, I will wrap up today's post at this point. When should I return? Hopefully by Tuesday of next week, perhaps earlier than that, we will see. Thank you dear friend for being here, once again, how I appreciate you! Happy weekend, and I see you again next time, real soon!!!

Comments

Popular Posts