Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I talk about the other post on New Traditional Architecture, and Etc

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Sunday! How are you, today? As for me, I am okay, a bitty bit hungry, true, but also okay! Way better than I was yesterday, for sure! This Saturday I could only sleep. In contrast, this Sunday I am fortunately somehow more productive, even with a loose plan of drawing something, though this is not urgent... I have the desire to play Sims 2 or 3, but I end up not doing it, due to some obstacles in my way. I always fear boredom and bad memories. I dread picturing the past day as one where I was horridly bored and the moment was forever ruined. Maybe I can blame OCD on the desire to wanting every situation to be life changing, and fearing boredom so much. It is something to think about and overcome, and that does not happen automatically. It takes time, and so on... 



I have something else in mind, that I've mentioned here on the blog earlier, on that post about the new traditional movement. If it hadn't face scrutiny, I would be unhappy. Fortunately, someone was not happy with what I've said. I was indirectly being called on "politicising" the movement, that it should not be a partisan thing. How should I respond to this valid but incomplete statement? I was not calling for a "right-wing" action for this, more of condemning socialism and enviromentalist, anti-capitalist sentiments alongside the new traditional spectrum. How can I not be alarmed, when I observe their enthusiasm on banning cars from the streets? How can I be not concerned when more power is demanded to the neighborhood associations, listings and so on? This is something that concerns me, using the methods of enemies against oneself, and being on the populist spirit of reacting instead of proposing. And by reacting, I mean, just saying "ah how beautiful" at an old building is not enough. Posting memes online and putting modernist architects into ridicule is shallow, if you are also going to demand state interference, or regulating other's behaviors on making their lives more difficult and tangled in bureocracy... what I desire is something more intellectualy sophisticated, the spread of cultural ideas of pragmatic individualism, the individual first, in opposition to the rule of the mob, the environment - whatever that means, first. I am not sure, I am too tired at the moment to elaborate properly, what I want to say, on answering that person, is that I am not making it a partidary thing, just denouncing the collective ideas of socialism, the chimera that is democracy, and the awful disaster that entails using enviromental terms. This is what I am going to say, if at all, because I also am not really fond of answering people online, what good comes from that? It does not generate productive debate, if there is such thing. It just makes me exhausted, and bothers the other person. Truth is: I just don't care about the person to really make an effort to explain myself. Whatever, as I mentioned, I am more of a messager-jester for intellectuals that are more versed than I am, such as Ludwig von Mises and Ayn Rand... what else is there to be said?

With that, is this a nice point to close up today's post? What else should I mention? I am hungry, maybe I will order some food, as I don't really want to go to the house of grandma, not with my brother present. What to do with the rest of today? I hope I can do something nice... like playing a game. I already spent too much time in bed... I know I need rest. But I also want to do something nice. I also wish I had a friend to talk to rn. When should I return to the blog? Hopefully soon, as this week goes by. I know I have a post to wrap up February... anyway, until then, I wish you the best, see you again real soon!!!

Comments