Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I say Happy Easter, Farewell March, and some news and conversations....

Good morning, dear friend! Happy Sunday of Easter! It is a very sacred and happy day for the world as a whole, I believe, for the celebration of Jesus Triumphing over Death and redeeming us all, and of Spring and its symbols. One can say both go hand in hand quite well. I live in the southern Hemisphere, so there is no spring for me, for now... not that it makes much of a difference... this proximity with the sun makes it all blur, sadly, there is not that much difference between them. Well, still, even if the seasons here don't make that awful of a difference, still, it is Autumnal time. And with that, the winter season is approximating! After a summer influenced by the El Niño phenomenon, causing this one to be one of the hotest of the past years... I am more than ready for Winter! Rain, cooler, gentler and fresher winds... almost time to consider putting my sweaters on! Almost time for socks and for cozy bedsheets... 

I will also have an important surgical procedure this Autumn, more precisely, coming on May 16th. It is an important intervention on my issue of obesity... it is a bit embarassing to say I will have to go to this lenght to correct the trend upwards of my weight, but I am not sure how I'd be able to make it otherwise... anyway. May will be a month of much dieting and preparation. It is a month from now, since we are at the gates of April, that I will have to concern myself with this. For now, I can rest a bit, and not get concerned over procedures yet. 

The doctor that walked me in through this explained that I won't be doing the most radical of the bariatric ones, but, on my level, one that is less invasive. He recommended me that path, and I assented, because he says, even if I won't lose as much weight in this less invasive one, I also won't be affected as much about the side effects expected from Stomach intervention surgery. Not as many of the bad effects, but still a great deal of the good ones, which are the fact I won't be eating as much and will be more in control of my eating habits, hopefully, and the immediate lost in weight that is expected from all the dieting process and so on, that goes with the surgery to improve my life quality, that is being affected by the extreme excess of weight, one I have much trouble controlling by myself, without the procedure.

Anyway, like I said, this is not for the immediate, but for the middle-end future, and should meddle my life affairs in the third half of 2024, and fourth and so on... apart from that, what should I be doing, with free time or not so free time and so on? I hope I can finish some college work, I am behind on it alas. I hope I can play a nice game, and overall read the book I started the reading into... rest in the time I have to rest... which thankfully is plenty, and much needed... I also have not gone to house of grandma much in the past days, as I had some conflicts with her the last time I was there, alas... in April she will move to a more distant place in the city, that may be harder to visit. A problem for me that is approaching. Well, one step at a time, at least I have some time to play games...

And in this topic... how was my March balance overall? I think March was alright, the subject for this month on my At Distance course, Portuguese, is neither as exciting nor as easy to go through as the other one I was doing in February. That reflected on the fact I am still to finish the activities. I am behind, and I really hope I can catch up... but I also want to do it well. The other day, I tried to speedrun through a module, and of all the 5 questions in the exercise, I erred 4! Awful result! So, more than doing more work, I should be doing smart work. When I cannot go through it, I shouldn't. Because otherwise I will do very poorly and would be best if I didn't do it, less humiliating anyway. Apart from college... I haven't played much EU4, even if I am following the news on their new DLC with some enthusiasm. Victoria 3's new content has been announced and will be releasing in May. I have been playing Vic3 for quite a bit, trying to get the achievement for France, that achievement of not allowing Germany to Unify till 1930. It is a harsh one, because the game runs terribly bad in the late game, performance on my computer being severe to say the least.... Man, I may as well ask permission from my brother to play Victoria 3 on his computer... may be the most optimal path, specially for the late game.

There is more to write, I suppose... not always the case, but definitely one that can be applied here, today. But, this post is getting big, and a bit disjointed I think, because I said different topics that are so different from one another. I trust I should wrap it up, and continue on another time, as soon as I can do it! Thank you for being here, dear reader of this post, my friend! Wish you the best!! Again, happy Easter, and happy ending to March! See you in April, real soon

Comments

Popular Posts