Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which I hardly share any drawings here these days...

Good morning, dear reader of this post, my friend, and happy Saturday! Weekend time is here, isn't it lovely? How are you, today? How is the weather? Here, it has been slowly changing from the previous horrid summer to a more mild temperature of winter. It is already possible now to sleep on blankets, which I appreciate, and I already had the opportunity to use my sweater, the other day!! I am very happy with this switch, I hope it indeed continues, as it should. As for myself, I am okay, a bit uninspired today. I got a new Chef Restaurant game on Steam, but after playing it for a bit, I decided I did not want the game, and requested a refund, alas. The reason why I did that is because the game is in first person, which I greatly dislike, as it makes me motion sick, even. And second reason is because I can't get past the whole "pronoum" thing. Unecessary, and I am done on financing woke games as a whole. I stopped with Sims 4 in favor of Sims 3, as an example. This incident with the game left me unmotivated and clueless on how to spend the rest of my day, as I was planning on trying this game more closely. I will see what I can do instead. 

My friend Charles returned to play Age of Empires, that made me want to return to the game as well! Both Age of 2 and 3, though very little space is left on my laptop after I installed both games, and as I had to purchase the new DLC for AOE2 that I was missing, the refund I got with Chef Life is diminished... anyway, what civ should I play first, going back to AOE2? And what other civ should I try in AOE3? Entertaining questions! I hope I can do a game with the Koreans or Burgundians. And also, I hope I can play some more Germans in Age of Empires 3, as this is my favorite civ! Cannot wait till they release the new DLC for Age of 3, but that will still take a while, as it is scheduled to the end of 2024. Let us hope it is not postponed or anything.

Apart from games, I have not been drawing much, given how tired I feel during the mornings and afternoons... Every time I lay down, I immediately feel my eyes heavy. Sometimes, even as I sit down, is enough to make me want to snooze. Such a bother, because I cannot have coffee, so my sleep time is completely off. But that being said, as I waited for Age of 2 to install, I did a small drawing, nothing special, looks like most of my other ones, I did it just to make something while the game was downloading. It is what it is...


Here is the said drawing! It is one of my boys... it reminds me of another one I did some years ago, but I can't remember it properly as it has been years since I did it. I guess I could share it online... on Instagram, but I should not expect that many likes anyway... I have not been that creative when it comes to drawing. It is frustrating to look at the sheet of paper and not feel any inspiration whatsoevet, any idea at all... to think of which, I guess I could do a Croissant, but not sure. I have been dreaming of them due to not being able to eat them yet, unfortunately, as I am recovering from surgery still. I am not 100% yet.

With that being said, I am happy to share a drawing here on the divagation store, since I don't do that as often no more. Anyway, happy weekend, dear friend! Thank you for reading and for being here! Hope to see you again at some point! As for me, I should be back around next week or so, for some more thoughts and ideas, and hopefully not as many laments...

Comments