Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which Coffee Coffee Returns, and a snippet into the Videogame Renaissance

Good afternoon and happy Sunday, my friend, reader of this post! How are you? How is the weather? As on my end, the weather is pleasant, as it has been the praxis in the past weeks, never above 28 celsius, thank Goodness! Ah, just two months ago, it seemed like summer was never to end, and yet, it did, and precious little winter time should be cherished in the tropical area! And, as for myself, I am okay! In good spirits overall. Tomorrow is the big release of Victoria 3's first Expansion DLC, I am very excited for it. Yesterday was also a pleasant day, I played Anno 1800 and Sims 3, and what's more, as we are at the eve of two months since the big surgery, I was allowed to have caffeine again, much to my relief! I also finished a drawing, and scanned it, even if the process was a misadventure. Today, I finally sat down to play Imperium Romanum, and I enjoyed it! In fact, I played for almost two hours in just one sitting, already planning for more time with it. I also played so

In Which iOs 18 Developer's Beta is released, and I play Anno 1800 once again!

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post! And happy Wednesday! How are you? How is the weather? As for my location, the weather is still pleasant, with rain, grey days, fresh winds... on that regard, what is not to love? And as for my mood, I am relatively okay, yesterday was a sleepy one, and I also had pilates, an activity I returned to, after some hiatus. This Monday was a day of good news and excitement, because iOs 18 got announced and its developer's beta version was launched. I have been waiting for it for weeks, and as I watched the Apple event, I eagerly awaited for its release. When it came, I lost no time and updated my phone! So far, this early version of the iOs has been more stable than I was anticipating, and I am very happy with the changes to it! I love the more options of customization, the new control center, just the its and bits that were changed as a whole, they really captivated me, which is no surprise, as Apple is famous for its capacity for captivating is clients. As a whole, the event was, for me, a success! That alone was enough to cheer me up, but it goes further... beyond the hard tech world, we had some announcements that raised my spirits: Civilization 7 and the new Anno game, Anno 117, that will be set in Ancient Rome! Civ is my staple franchise, even if I disliked Civ 6 overall. With Civ 7, I hope they return to what made Civ 5 great, alongside innovating on the experiments done in the strategy genre since 2016, when Civ 6 was released. There is little to know about Civ 7 so far, but I am following the news with expectation. Anno has also become a classic for me, and I am beyond the moon with excitement to see what they'll do in this new entry. Also, little to know, yet, but still, very exciting! Of course, Civ will likely be a next-generation game, and with the pricing I am expecting it will cost, I am so far with little expectation to play on launch, I may need an upgrade of hardware, which is a thing for the future... Anno 117 I think there are more chances of being played on Launch, but in any case, both titles are far in the horizon for me to think about them too much... 



As I said, the hardware upgrade will have to wait, specially since this year I am hoping to change phones, even if it's not set in stone yet. I do love my iPhone 11, but the 64gb of memory is dragging me back a bit. My new model of iPhone, I am not sure what will be, but I am aiming at the newest model I can get, and hopefully beyond 64gb, specially since the new models don't even have this storage limit anymore, they start now at 128gb. The color of the phone will also depend on the model. Anyway... my birthday being August 12, I pray that I can get my new phone in July, and in July, asap. A new iPhone, having a better battery and hardware, will ensure I won't have to worry about smartphones for at least 3 to 4 years, and I will be able to concentrate on other matters, such as a new computer, even if the one I use at the moment fits me well. Making those plans excite me, which can be dangerous, as it makes me vulnerable to frustration.

And returning to Anno, I played a bit of Anno 1800 this morning, just now. I hope I can return to this match soon, as I still have a lot to do. I have not done the Enbesa questline yet, for example, neither the Artic one. I am just now getting to investors, and I want to progress on my cigar production... if I play other game today, we will see what will be, but for now, Anno has my attention! Anyway, what else is there to be said? I got many books this month, but I am still reading the biography of king Harun Al-Rashid of the Abassid Empire and the 1001 nights chronicles, reading it slowly, though...

Will we have more announcements and news this rest of June? I do hope so, and may those be only good ones. Ah... suddenly life feels exciting again. I don't know how long this will keep going, but I pray at least for a bit longer. May those keep my nightmares at bay. I had one terrible one this evening, for example. I wish I did not have them so frequently... Is this a good point to end today's post? I think I covered everything I desired, so I think so. Of course, I will be back soon, maybe in the weekend, no worries, then. And until then, wish you the best, have a wonderful rest of week, see you again real soon!!! Farewell.

Comments