Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which Coffee Coffee Returns, and a snippet into the Videogame Renaissance

Good afternoon and happy Sunday, my friend, reader of this post! How are you? How is the weather? As on my end, the weather is pleasant, as it has been the praxis in the past weeks, never above 28 celsius, thank Goodness! Ah, just two months ago, it seemed like summer was never to end, and yet, it did, and precious little winter time should be cherished in the tropical area! And, as for myself, I am okay! In good spirits overall. Tomorrow is the big release of Victoria 3's first Expansion DLC, I am very excited for it. Yesterday was also a pleasant day, I played Anno 1800 and Sims 3, and what's more, as we are at the eve of two months since the big surgery, I was allowed to have caffeine again, much to my relief! I also finished a drawing, and scanned it, even if the process was a misadventure. Today, I finally sat down to play Imperium Romanum, and I enjoyed it! In fact, I played for almost two hours in just one sitting, already planning for more time with it. I also played so

In Which we are on the eve of my Blog's Birthday!!!

Good afternoon, dear friend, reader of this post! Happy Friday, how are you, today? How is the weather? Here, fortunately, the weather is pleasant, around 24-28 celsius each day... I am nervous, as tomorrow is the birthday of my blog, that will be 6 years old. Yet, I am not sure how I will celebrate it. I was thinking of sharing a poem I wrote recently dedicated to my friend sir Johannes, that I mentioned before. But I wanted to write something nice as well, and I have been seriously out of ideas. It is frustrating to the extreme. My thoughts seem locked away from me. At least, apart from the nervousness, my day is going alright! I played plenty of games, such as Sims 3 and Age of Empires 3, hope to play some more soon, if I can. I also felt like drawing, which is a blessing, after many days of not even thinking about it, not on an encouraging way. Soon I will draw again! I am aware that writing about it makes me anxious, but I cannot help it, I should mention it somewhere. Better it be here, at the end of the day. I remember the day before I started my blog, I struggled a lot with a friendship that was causing me to be so anxious, so insecure. I don't want to recall it, even. Causes me plenty of pain. I had the idea brewing for a bit, before the incident, but after it, I decided to take action. I wanted a place for music, for my interests, and my pictures...

Things changed, though, and I usually journal around here. As my ambitions got curtailed by reality and my enthusiasm, so volatile, went other places, the blog did survive through journaling and commentary. And as I grew to write more on my phone and less on the computer, that also played a role into this change. I still love music, very much so, and talk about it, but videogames, a thing that was dying with me in 2018, got strongly revived specially in 2020, and so took more space in my writing journey. To be fair, music and games for me go hand in hand. A great videogame must have a great soundtrack. In other hand, as much as I try, today I watch far less movies than I used to. Also due to the horrible event of 2020 and the government response to it, so devastating. 

I suppose this happens, the fact things can change. Personages of life come and go. Some stay for longer than others, some stay for less time than I'd like them to... it takes two to build a lasting friendship, and a lot of patience. At least, for now, I feel that I am not struggling as much with OCD, I thank the meds, but also some maturement, for this... When I started the blog, I was stuck in architecture, now I am in a history course that fits me better. It is what it is. I wish I had more pictures to share, but living much on my bedroom, there is little I see, worthy of a picture, alas. Anyway... tomorrow is the big day! I think I will indeed share the poem. So, I see you tomorrow, I wish you the best!!!

Comments