Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which Coffee Coffee Returns, and a snippet into the Videogame Renaissance

Good afternoon and happy Sunday, my friend, reader of this post! How are you? How is the weather? As on my end, the weather is pleasant, as it has been the praxis in the past weeks, never above 28 celsius, thank Goodness! Ah, just two months ago, it seemed like summer was never to end, and yet, it did, and precious little winter time should be cherished in the tropical area! And, as for myself, I am okay! In good spirits overall. Tomorrow is the big release of Victoria 3's first Expansion DLC, I am very excited for it. Yesterday was also a pleasant day, I played Anno 1800 and Sims 3, and what's more, as we are at the eve of two months since the big surgery, I was allowed to have caffeine again, much to my relief! I also finished a drawing, and scanned it, even if the process was a misadventure. Today, I finally sat down to play Imperium Romanum, and I enjoyed it! In fact, I played for almost two hours in just one sitting, already planning for more time with it. I also played so

In Which we have a Poem - dedicated to a friend - to Celebrate 6 years of The Divagation Store!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! And welcome to the birthday post for the Divagation Store! It has been a wild ride, hasn't it? First of all, sorry for not doing it on the 8th of June, I was a bit uninspired on that date. Could not even get myself to open the drafting page for the blog. With that being said, how are you, today? How was the weekend? As for me, I am okay, the weekend has been fine, the weather is very pleasant, much to my relief, after 4 months and a half of pure heatstroke after heatstroke. My only regret was not being able to write on the blog on the day of the celebration, but well, it is what it is. Not only is this publication 6 years old, it has more than 750 entries in it! There is a chance I will be at 800 before the end of 2024! Not all of them are good, I'd say, I don't know why I get so embarassed sometimes, not having read what I've written in past posts sometimes since they were published. It is just that perspectives change and people mature. I was barely 20 when I started the blog, I am at the verge of 26, now... Ah, freaking 26 years old! Another birthday to celebrate in my life! That will come. I hope I can have a good one for this year. Past birthday, was not ideal... I missed my friend Johannes a lot and wished to talk with him when he was not available. I don't know if he will be this time, I have less expectations, but you never know. And, speaking of dear Johannes, I wrote a small poetry to him and his girlfriend some months ago, impromptu, nothing pretentious, just trying to compose something. This is how I will celebrate my blog's birthday with: Poetry, Spring and Friendship! I have written a lot about friends here, even if most people I wrote so enthusiastically about in the past are no longer in my life, today. Some were characters for a long time, others for a glimpse. I do pray and hope me and dear Johannes's friendship may endure the years, though. I appreciate him and his aesthetic intelligence a lot. As I said, the poem is inspired in a snippet of some verses of the chant Carmina Burana, that was featured in one of my favorite Videogames, Anno 1404. This is featured in the Venice theme song, one of the variations of it...


A impromptu poem for Johannes and Jelena, my favorite humans;
Taking from a small snippet of Carmina Burana, on the joyful Spring and the defeat of sharp cold winter:

The trees come to life to see my friends strolling,
Flowers blossom and the defeated face of winter flees,
Flora reigns, merrily bringing happiness;

The flowers open themselves in droves for you,
But none of them are as pretty as my friends,
Nothing in this world could bring the team apart;

Amongst the miracle of spring, they fail to surpass,
The miracle of brotherhood and love,
Spring is not more beautiful than a good friend;

The merry face of Flora may reign for one season,
But the stroll they follow along,
Will last for ever more,
To no end.
...

What do you think of my small piece? I personally am happy with how it got by. Poetry is magic! It is very hard to put one together, but at times, I forget I am writing a poem and just get creative with my words. I hope I can write some more in the future, and to share them here! I hope the blogger platform still keep going, as you all know, I also have no plans of stop on writing, journaling, expressing my thoughts, reviews, ideas... I think there is no better place to write online, I am satisfied with it. This blog birthday I hold close to my heart, reason I shared this poem with you all, a poem I hold close to me, about people dear to me, also! And with that, maybe it is time to wrap this entry up! I hope I can write something more soon, something also special for the celebration of the birthday, as I also start to think of my own life anniversary, in August 12! This week, I hope I can return with more things to say and write about, hopefully by Friday I'll have released something, but for now, I wish you the best, dear friend! Happy 6 years of blogging, and here's to a dozen more! Cheers!

Comments