Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I finally Update the Blog! Sorry for the delay

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post! Happy Tuesday! Ah, another week of July. How has it been, for you? How are you, overall? How have the weather been? As for me, I am okay, I'd say. One day at a time, it is all one can do, really... The weather has been lovely, actually! Lots of rain and cool winds. I have been playing some games, as per usual, and enjoying coffee. I trust I mentioned it before, the new Victoria 3 update and DLC have been a joy! In just two weeks, I have played for over 100 hours! But, of course, the game would not keep me entertained forever, not all at once. So, yesterday, I started to branch out a bit again, playing different games, like Grand Ages: Rome, and the good old Sims 3. It has been notable for me that many games I have been playing, such as Caesar IV, are games I acquired recently, and that I haven't played much of. They are out of my most classical tier, that includes Civilization and Europa Universalis. At this point, Europa is not as visited as before, being too much of an unforgiving ungrateful experience...

It has been very hard to concentrate and write a post here, much to my despair. I somehow haven't been able to focus to write in almost two weeks. Quite a shame. I also haven't drawn much, either. One thing I have been doing is, following the advice of one friend, trying to find new people to chat with through some friendship apps. So far, very mixed results. I did find one guy that has been wonderful to me so far, on the sense that we have been talking and finding no issue. Not all experiences are happy ones. Two were quite unpolite to me. Not ideal, at all. I wonder, if you are on a friendship app, what is the point of it, if you don't want new friends? If you want a hook up instead, there are different apps for that. I find that I tend not to respect much people looking for unemotional relationships anyway, so even if it was unpleasant, not loss of mine. I mean, internet is a fertile ground for unpoliteness and weird folk, so it is always a risk. I aknowledge that, but being so alone these days, I decided to take it... My loneliness was put into emphasis with the disaster that turned out to be my relationship with Evan, where he was quite nice for a while, then ghosted me, and finally blocked me. The blocking was the best thing he did, given I was always... ah... at the edge of ending myself just because I could not take the uncertainty he put myself to. All I will mention, is that I hope this bad person may reap everything he sows, and may God, our father, be very careful in judging every single one of his many flaws. He is good but He is also just, and he sees the pain I was submitted to...


Amongst the good things that happened in this time, it was the mug my mom got me from her recent trip! I find it quite charming, and I am happy with it! Not all is bad, then!

So, I suppose the emotional stress and Victoria 3 were the main reasons I could not write too much. Ah, I know this is a casual blog, but I feel bad for not updating it. Writing, at its best, is a joy. I won't force it as once I did, as I lost the desire to force it. But, still I feel sort of guilty. I hope, the rest of this month, I can achieve a better equilibrium. It will depend on my mood, but it is what it is...

With all of this mixed bag of bad and good experiences, should I wrap up today's post? Maybe so! As I mentioned, I hope I may return soon, real soon, with more stuff to journal about. Maybe I will do so before the end of the week, maybe before Next week... we'll see. Until then, hope you have been okay, wish you the best always, and thank you for being excellent! Cheers, my friend, and happy Tuesday, once more.


Comments

Popular Posts