Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I work on a drawing to Illucent and play Caesar 4

Hello everyone! Good morning, dear friends and dear readers of this post! And a happy Thursday! How are you, today? How have you been, through this week? Today, I am starting my day okay, I'd say. Nothing too promising, nothing too discouraging. In a tepid manner. I already had my coffee, which is good, and I managed to play some Caesar 4 before the sun could come. I fortunately finished the map that was bothering me, which was Caralis, in Sardinia. Now, into Corinth I go. It is a charming and underrated city builder, Caesar 4, and after the major enthusiasm over Victoria 3's new content subsided, it is what I have been playing more, and more noticebly. Speaking of Victoria 3, I was playing as Britain, and there is a reason this nation, back in the Victoria 2 days, was not that visited: it is just too overpowered. England rules the world in the time period of Victoria, and it shows! No place is capable of competing directly, not immediately, at least. It is exciting, but since you already have so much of the game set, it gets boring fast, and since I am out of ideas on what to play next in that major game, It faded a bit, in this week. I started to think of trying Spain, BUT, not enough desire to jump straight into the spanish lore.

Apart from games, concerning my quest to find new pen pals, I did find some! I mentioned the bad experiences, but fortunately the past few ones have been quite nice. Of course, too early to tell if an enduring friendship will be formed, but the seeds are being spread through the wind, I'd say. I did have other bad experience, with one person trying to sell me a crypto scam, but I dodged it... I also quit one app of the three I was using, because that app kept requesting money out of me for me to even be able to see who wanted to add me, which I found a huge turn off, specially with my financial trouble of the moment. Financially wise, it has been a time of trouble, but anyway...



I could finish a drawing yesterday! It was one I worked for my streamer friend Illucent aka YaBoi. He was very happy with it, much to my rejoicing! It has not been the most productive of seasons, that is true, but at least this drawing I was reasonably satisfied with. Maybe I will do some more, but I dare not work on lists or say plans here, because I am sure I will scrap them over soon, given I work with my mood, what makes me an amateur and not a professional. I could not be a professional, as a searcher of joy and pleasure, if the process does not give me that, I see no point in proceeding. Painters go further than that, and they do it even if they are not in a mindset to do it. Which is admirable, and exhausting just to think of it. No wonder they charge so much. I avoid using the word Artist due to my contact with the ideas spread by the old podcast The Cave of Apelles, in this moment in hiatus. Grateful that they help me solidify my positions, on the objectivity of beauty, the redemption of "Kitsch" and the process rather than the concept. There is more than that, but I am a bit still waking up at this moment, and cannot remember all the bullet points.

Given my tiredness, and given I believe I've written everything I wanted, so far, I suppose it's time to wrap today's post? I am glad I could stop by here and write before the end of the week. Hopefully, by next week, perhaps sooner, I will be back with more thoughts and my routine. Thank you always for being around! I appreciate you, and I wish you the best! See you again real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts