Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which Old Games are Awesome!

Hello, my great friend, reader of this post! Happy Sunday Funday, good afternoon! How are you, today? How is the weather? As for myself, I am okay, overall! Happy enough, not entirely sad. Tepid. I'd take this over melancholic any day of the week, to be fair. Issues? Sure, there are issues, but I am fine. Won't destroy this mood just because I can't pay my bills right now. I will enjoy the tepidness while it lasts, and hopefully will aim for more joy, if I can. Minor problem: I decided to try some Civ 4 this weekend, and it has been quite a misadventure. The game is chaos, and it always ends with some civ with a massive army on my doorstep, which is frustrating, to say the least. Can't say this is a major problem, but still. I hope I can play something else, as soon as I'm back in the machine, as now I am taking a break to stretch my legs... In the list of games, I have Caesar IV in mind, where I will rebuild the city of Carthago. We'll see how it goes. On other realms, I Have been finding hard to return to reading, hard to concentrate, I always have my head somewhere else. It sucks, I want to do a bigger effort to read just a bit more, which would be progress in comparison to now, where I read not at all. We'll see, we always see...


Some flowers to start the week in the most correct way!

The friendship apps have been a mixed bag. I did find out most people there are not really looking for friends, honestly I wonder what they are realistically aiming for in the first place. It is a shame, but if the soul is rotten, a pretty face won't hide it for long. That being said, I did meet some seemingly extraordinary folk there, so I guess they do fulfill their promise, even if not entirely. I mean, better than Instagram I suppose, if the odds of someone looking for a pen pal in the friendship app is maybe a 40/60, on Instagram, odds are 10% friendly 90% terrible. I still follow people there, on Instagram, but most of the... I hate this word... content there, is trash. Anyway, at least with the person blocking me, I am more free to handle my own affairs. I just hope I don't fall for anyone again, or anyone that will treat me like he did. I deserve a break from such situation, because no one should ever pass through what I did. Anyone deserves a fulfilling friendship, that is mutual and that enriches life both ways.

Anyway, For me, I suppose this year of 2024 has been a year of revival of old games! As I have been playing more ones released before the 2010s... I can name a few: Caesar IV is the more recent entry, but there has also been Grand Ages: Rome, Civilization 4, at the beginning of the year, and thid weekend... also Sims 3... Anno 1701, a title I've been trying to get into for a while, now, sometimes I also play Anno 1404, which I love... you get the picture, even if I also sometimes will play Anno 1800 and Victoria 3, I like me some old games... and It is not that I grew tired of Civ 5, that is not the case, it is just that one sometimes want to try a different experience, that hasn't been visited in a while. There is also Civ 3, but Civ 3 is a bit more archaic, and harder to get into. That says something, because as I mentioned, Civ 4, at the difficulty level I'm in, the noble one, level 4, it is quite a frustrating experience. One that I don't know how to remedy, if that is even possible... still, it's not as bad as Civ 6 on Emperor difficulty...

I do hope this new week is a nice one! It will be closer to my birthday! I wonder what I'll do, who will I hang out with, if any person at all. I mean, most likely I'll spend the day with mom, which is lovely, but I'd love to talk to a friend, Johannes for example, though I am really not holding my breath, you know he is not reliable. This birthday, I mentioned I wanted a new phone, but I think this will have to be postponed, better is to pay my bills... anyway, should I wrap today's post here? I think I wrote enough for a post, which is always amazing, given sometimes it is hard to even write a single line. I am satisfied! When should I be back? Well, the month is on its last quarter, I may do one or two posts and we'll be done with July, and into August we go! Hopefully a post this week is in order, but I won't promise what I can't keep. In any case, thank you dear reader for being here! Wish you the best, always! Happy new week!!!.

Comments

Popular Posts