Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we Wrap up July! Another Month of Recovery!

Good afternoon, dear friend, reader of this post! And happy ongoing Wednesday! How are you, today? How is your last day of July going? How is the weather? As for me, I am okay, as okay as I can be, I'd say... The weather is again quite pleasant, around 27 celsius at this point! And the temperature feel is around the same. I have been having a calm one, morning was fine, played some games, such as my good old Civilization 5, I also played Anno 1404, and some Victoria 3, as well as Europa Universalis 4! No Caesar IV today, so far, I got a bit frustrated on the game when my city, my whole quite big settlement, caught fire, and the prefects tried in vain to extinguish it. Awful awful state of affairs that I have absolutely no idea how it even happened, given I had things going well till a certain point. Hopefully my next attempt on the mission won't go as bad, I'll try it again at some point.


The great New Swan Castle in Bavaria, one wonder of Civ 5, and its immortal artpieces.

July has been another month of recovery! I have been able to eat some more, and with a bit more freedom, though I am not fully recovered yet. By the end of it, losing hair has been a terrible trend... I hope I don't go bald. I know I have a lot of it, but I am not taking it for granted. Quite a nice vacation season, where I just rested and didn't do much besides what I wanted, with the exception of pilates... I could not draw much, alas, but at least I didn't turn the hobby into a chore, which would make my creative block even worse. The drawings I worked on were pretty cool, though, a fanart to Illu, another to Mihm... just on the previous 11 days alone. Perhaps I will manage to find more joy in drawing in August, as I have some ideas in mind, such as a portrait to a new friend, another portrait to Samuel... maybe a building, though I will prioritize what I can finish in a day and do well in a day. Buildings take a while longer, and require more creative ambition, overall... 

I can't say that all has been fine this vacation. My finances are in a state of disaster. I can turn around real quickly with some birthday money I ought to receive soon, I hope. But still... quite a month of tight budget. Good news is that after this next month, if I keep the tight budget on, and take care of the expenses, I will be on a better state than I was before. But really, it was a moment of huge stress. Apart from money issues, however, it has been okay... I do have chronic loneliness issues, that is my reality at the moment, but I am moving towards new friendships I hope, I did try the friendship apps and met at least 1 or 2 people that I can befriend. That is a lot of people, specially because quality is always going to win over quantity.

I am very blown away by the fact we are at the gates of yet another birthday month. The 26th of my life. And the official closure of the 2023 cycle and beginning of the 2024th one. I pray and hope I can chat with dear friend Johannes for my birthday... that would be amazing. I hope I don't lose hope and cry too much if this doesn't happen, though. It was precisely the situation last year. I burst tears of deep sorrow because I could barely see him, could barely chat with him... It still hurts. Maybe this 2024th celebration should be better... we'll see. I hope I can visit my grandma again, also. I haven't seen her in 3 months...

To wrap things up in July, I will say I am quite happy I managed to write more posts than I was expecting at first! I try to run away from 4 posts and into at least 6 a month... I think I did around 9 this time! And we approach, then, the 800th milestone! That is a great way to finish today's entry, then! When can you see me again? I hope to return August at some point still this week or weekend to start the month on the right footing. Little chance it could be tomorrow, again, we will see. Happy end of July, wish you the best!!! See you again real soon!!!! Farewell!


Comments

Popular Posts