Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we Wrap up July! Another Month of Recovery!

Good afternoon, dear friend, reader of this post! And happy ongoing Wednesday! How are you, today? How is your last day of July going? How is the weather? As for me, I am okay, as okay as I can be, I'd say... The weather is again quite pleasant, around 27 celsius at this point! And the temperature feel is around the same. I have been having a calm one, morning was fine, played some games, such as my good old Civilization 5, I also played Anno 1404, and some Victoria 3, as well as Europa Universalis 4! No Caesar IV today, so far, I got a bit frustrated on the game when my city, my whole quite big settlement, caught fire, and the prefects tried in vain to extinguish it. Awful awful state of affairs that I have absolutely no idea how it even happened, given I had things going well till a certain point. Hopefully my next attempt on the mission won't go as bad, I'll try it again at some point.


The great New Swan Castle in Bavaria, one wonder of Civ 5, and its immortal artpieces.

July has been another month of recovery! I have been able to eat some more, and with a bit more freedom, though I am not fully recovered yet. By the end of it, losing hair has been a terrible trend... I hope I don't go bald. I know I have a lot of it, but I am not taking it for granted. Quite a nice vacation season, where I just rested and didn't do much besides what I wanted, with the exception of pilates... I could not draw much, alas, but at least I didn't turn the hobby into a chore, which would make my creative block even worse. The drawings I worked on were pretty cool, though, a fanart to Illu, another to Mihm... just on the previous 11 days alone. Perhaps I will manage to find more joy in drawing in August, as I have some ideas in mind, such as a portrait to a new friend, another portrait to Samuel... maybe a building, though I will prioritize what I can finish in a day and do well in a day. Buildings take a while longer, and require more creative ambition, overall... 

I can't say that all has been fine this vacation. My finances are in a state of disaster. I can turn around real quickly with some birthday money I ought to receive soon, I hope. But still... quite a month of tight budget. Good news is that after this next month, if I keep the tight budget on, and take care of the expenses, I will be on a better state than I was before. But really, it was a moment of huge stress. Apart from money issues, however, it has been okay... I do have chronic loneliness issues, that is my reality at the moment, but I am moving towards new friendships I hope, I did try the friendship apps and met at least 1 or 2 people that I can befriend. That is a lot of people, specially because quality is always going to win over quantity.

I am very blown away by the fact we are at the gates of yet another birthday month. The 26th of my life. And the official closure of the 2023 cycle and beginning of the 2024th one. I pray and hope I can chat with dear friend Johannes for my birthday... that would be amazing. I hope I don't lose hope and cry too much if this doesn't happen, though. It was precisely the situation last year. I burst tears of deep sorrow because I could barely see him, could barely chat with him... It still hurts. Maybe this 2024th celebration should be better... we'll see. I hope I can visit my grandma again, also. I haven't seen her in 3 months...

To wrap things up in July, I will say I am quite happy I managed to write more posts than I was expecting at first! I try to run away from 4 posts and into at least 6 a month... I think I did around 9 this time! And we approach, then, the 800th milestone! That is a great way to finish today's entry, then! When can you see me again? I hope to return August at some point still this week or weekend to start the month on the right footing. Little chance it could be tomorrow, again, we will see. Happy end of July, wish you the best!!! See you again real soon!!!! Farewell!


Comments