Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we Wrap up the month of June! Life slowly get back to normality

Good afternoon, dear friend, reader of this post! Happy Wednesday!!! How are you? How is the weather? As for me, I am okay, though feeling a bit lonely, I'd say... the day was tranquil, apart from my woes, and the weather has been pleasant. This lastweek went by relatively fast, as we had the big release of Victoria 3's new DLC, which was quite successful in revitalizing the game. Sometimes you don't know what you need till you get it. This content hit me like a truck, and I've been playing the game ever since, much to my bottom and back's despair... of course, I start to recover interest in other games, after days of only visiting Victoria. The performance of the game was greatly enhanced and now I can play the game till 1936 with not many issues, as before the game got too slow just after 1890s. I already played a match as Russia, France and America, now I am trying to make Japan work... as for other games, I got two new ones this week, Caesar IV and Railway Empire II. Ah, it is that situation of having too many games to play, not nearly enough time. Luckily, my vacation started, officially, and I can rest better, now.


My latest America run in Victoria was a success, and I promptly gobbled up all of Mexico! Here, a picture is taken while I am still on the process of slowly annexing the country. I will say this will be an homage to the independence day.

June was a month where I could return to a more normal diet, after switching a lot in May, a month where I started barely being able to drink 1/4 of a cup of water. Now, I return to coffee, so that cheers me up! I am frustrated with my inability to save money, however. I did spend like crazy in June, and I don't know what will be of me. The fact that I will likely find a way to solve the financial issues is no consolation... I think it should not be happening in the first place... Self control is a point of struggle with me, overall. Anyway... in this cycle of 30 days, I did have bad and good ones, some bad makes me exhasperated, exhausted. I didn't see much of the festivities of June, if at all... but I did celebrate my blog's birthday, on the 8th... 6 years of writing here and counting. Somehow, I kept on going...

Speaking of Birthdays, next month will be my own. I hope I can celebrate it with a new iPhone. I will have to talk to dad and grandma, and pray that they can help me and mom with the payment. I would love a new device. Mom is traveling at the moment, so I will wait for her to return so I can talk to her again about it as well. One step at a time. I am applying for jobs these days, though none has returned to me yet, which is frustrating. If I ever get some work, I will be able to switch phones much easily! But this is something for the future.

I have been trying to make this post get out of the ground since last week, but as I was immersed into Victoria, I could not make it work. Fortunately, today I am sitting down to write, and I think I managed to do it. Next post, that will come soon I hope, will be focused more on July, the newly started month. Also, a July 4th post is in order. Until then, we bid farewell to June once more... see you again real soon, and I wish you the best!

Comments

Popular Posts