Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I celebrate my Birthday and I get another Videogame Burnout

Good morning, my friend and reader of this post! Happy Wednesday! How are you today? How has your week been? It is my birthday week! I started a new year cycle on Monday, the August 12, and I am now 26 of age! How crazy is that? I fortunately had a decent day, on the 12! Unfortunately could not talk to dearest of Johannes as much as I could, but I did have pizza, and some fun time with family, which is rare, somehow. We talked about my old dog Otto, which was a part of my childhood and pre teens. I also had a slice of pizza! Hopefully at some other moment I also will be able to chat with dear Johannes, my awesome friend... we'll see. Hopefully he'll have some time to spend with me... that would indeed cheer me up! And even with the happy occasion of my birthday, I could use that.

Unfortunately I still could not draw, as much as I have been thinking more on that direction. Only today could I open the tab to write on the blog, also. I won't lament over it, I had not much to say... I may be on a burnout moment in my life at the moment, where most games fail to cause enthusiasm on me. Given gaming is my main source of entertainment and joy throughout the day, that causes my mood to deteriorate. I hate this, I want to draw and play games, yet both activities are not that pursued by me at the moment, that feel numb when opening a game, and when thinking of drawing a line on paper. I end up returning to the phone and scrolling away. When in bed, I want to try again to play something. But when I am again in the desk, I want to return to bed straigth away, because I can't stand staring at a screen without idea of what to do next. This is sad, specially when it comes to Sims 3. I spent money on it and yet I can't play it to no end. At a point, I burn out on it, not as fast as I do on Sims 4, but still. Frustrating. In any case, speaking of birthdays, I made new purchases, I decided it was an appropriate time to get an external SSD, and also an  external disk drive, both to use on ny laptop. Maybe the extra storage capacity will expand my gaming opportunities. We will see. It should arrive soon...



Could this moment of gaming exhaustion, another one, mean I should for example try and watch a tv series, something I haven't done in... years? Not sure. Nothing catches my attention. Overall I feel numb. Uninspired to the point of tears. Perhaps I did not write before on the blog because I was afraid of only rambling and grumbling. Such frustration, such undescribable depression. If only my life could be a roller coaster of overextimulation all the time. I would not have those very low and tragic moments. I detest this idleness. Still, I cannot say this birthday season has been an unhappy one. It has been quite tranquil, just in some areas I am sad...

After writing this, I decided to at least put my desk area for drawings in order, and so, I should return to it more easily afterwards. I avoid lists, I think they set me towards frustration, but I have a drawing to work on, a portrait to a friend, then I could do another one to monsieur Valerio, and one to another person from the vintage fashion spectrum. Anyway, one step at a time. Maybe drawing will make me want to play more games as well!

I have an appointment this afternoon, I shall go to the doctor for a check up, given my surgery, that is necessary. At least I will be able to listen to some music in the meantime. I hope my packages arrive here soon. I also need to recover my printer, that has been left unused for a while, given my lack of proper cable to use it. 

All of this being said, I trust this is a good point to wrap today's post. When should I be back? Real soon, I pray. Hopefully before the weekend. If not, then as soon as I can. I appreciate writing here, even when the post is just a journal, which I think you don't find it that engaging. In any case, thank you ever so much for being here, and I wish the best to you! See you again real real soon! Farewell!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts