Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game: the DLC Into the Future, and also a stuff pack dedicated to cars! My financial situation this month is fortunately manageable, stable, as to allow me to spend some its and bits as it goes. I did listen to some minutes of the audiobook I am reading at the moment, on the Habsburg empire, with emphasis on the dynamic 19th century Austria and other domains of the dynasty. Maybe I will also read my book as well, but I am not pushing for that. 

I really desire to work on the Christmas card for 2024! I like to do it early, as to open the holiday season in my own pace, allowing me to get in the mood and build up for the more exciting months of November-December. As I mentioned, time is passing by fast. Speaking of Christmas, I am still to visit my grandma. I was supposed to do it this weekend, but I ended up not going at this time. Maybe this new week I will organize myself better. I think I mentioned some of my reservations about going there on my blog post of yesterday, where I mentioned I would abhor to have her telling me to go to the beach or to take a walk... such cautious approach makes me move slower when it comes to my visit, even if I desire to see her and her new place.



I wonder what I will do of special in this 2024's Christmas card... So far, I don't know how to make it unique, different enough from the 2023 and 2022 ones. Speaking of different... apparently the ratio of people more optimistic about Civ 7 grows. I still am not excited for the title, neither do I want to be. I may get it at some point, once is out, because I may as well try it, but the prohibitively high price is an obstacle. I don't like what I have read about those people talking positively on the changes to Civ. I think most of them are quite bad. I may tolerate them, as I did tolerate some of Civ 6, but I doubt they will grow on me. The graphics, I deemed at first not to be as bad as the ones of Civ 6. I am more on the fence on this position now. I think the leaders look ugly... maybe not as insulting as in Civ 6, but hardly a progress to the peak of the franchise, that was, in my personal opinion, with Civ 5... well, anyway.

In any case, I am happy to have worked on this post, today, taking advantage of my inclination to writing, that can be rare nowadays. When should I return? I cannot say for certain. I do hope it may be at some point this new week, I don't want to stop writing for two weeks or so, never ideal. So, I bid you farewell here, and I will be back real soon, so no worries! Cheers!!! Wish you the best


Comments

Popular Posts